Thursday 23 October 2008

Good News

Firstly, I’d like to thank everybody who has contributed to the blog so far and secondly I’d like to share some good news with you. In the Culture and Communities Committee yesterday the Minister for Social Justice and Local Government, Brian Gibbons, committed to giving Welsh Government support for a domestic abuse awareness raising campaign. He also acknowledged that the Christmas holiday period is problematic for domestic abuse and said that he is hopeful that the campaign will be launched in the first 2 weeks of December.

I have met with the Minister on several occasions as part of my campaign to raise awareness and I’m extremely pleased that, following our meeting, the Minister has commissioned his officials to look at what the Welsh Government can do to increase awareness of these issues and to challenge attitudes. I eagerly await the details of their plan.

Nerys

No comments: