Thursday 8 January 2009

A poem that was passed on to me through Women's Aid

Pause and Reflect
To all of you who’ve helped me through this low
You’ve been there in my need and I want you to know
You’ve helped me as I stumble, you’ve helped me as I fall
I have certainly gained from knowing you all.
You’ve taught me to believe, you’ve taught me to trust
You’ve taught me that opening up is a must
You’ve taught me how important it is for me to feel
If scars from the past are to properly heel.
You’ve taught me also to face up and see
How important it is to find out the real me
To discover and allow the good as well as the bad
To understand and accept the happy as well as the sad
But also to know things are rarely just wrong or just right
To accept the shady areas amidst the black and the white
And to know that my strength must come mainly from within
If I’m going to progress and newly begin
I know tat I still have a long way to go
That starting afresh will at times be painful and slow
But with the help that you’ve given, I believe it’s possible to do
So for being there when needed I want to thank you

No comments: