Friday 7 November 2008

Latest on the proposed WAG Christmas campaign

A few weeks ago I told you that Brian Gibbons, Minister for Social Justice and Local Government, promised me during Ministerial scrunity in the Culture and Communities committee that the Welsh Assembly Government would fund a domestic abuse awareness raising campaign in the run up to Christmas. During the latest Communities and Culture committee this week I asked him for an update and again everything sounds very positive from the Government side of things. Although the nature of the campaign has not been revealed to me fully he did say that the Government are planning to hold one event in north Wales and another in south Wales to highlight the issue. As well as these events there will be an advert campaign but further details aren’t clear as of yet. I will of course keep you posted.

Nerys

No comments: