Friday 5 December 2008

A Mid Wales woman tells her story….

Ten years ago I was married a man who did everything in his power to hurt me mentally, financially, physically, and sexually. I was with him for over 5 years and everything was fine for the first two years but things started to gradually change.
Before I met him I had started a business, and he tried everything to stop me making a success of that business. It seemed the better I did with my business, the more controlling he became.He then started to ignore any bills that came in which meant that I had to pay everything. He then started to ignore me and when he did speak to me he’d just call me names. One night I woke up with him shouting at me for no reason. He couldn’t explain why he was shouting at me and this scared me so I’d just accept that it was my fault and at times I actually believed that I must have done something to annoy him.
I then started to sleep in a separate room to him because I would always be so tired. This of course made him even more angry which resulted in him hitting me on several occasions. I tried to ignore it and poured all my energy into my business. The more I did the more ugly it got. It ended after I finally called the police after he smashed my office equipment, and hurt me.
I got a restraining order and had the police remove him. My divorce was just signed this month. It has been difficult to get my life back to normal but I am trying. I’m just glad that I got out of there when I did.

No comments: